Advanced Focus Eyecare
Comprehensive Eye Examinations in West Bend, WI
We are now seeing patients at our temporary location. We will be located at N168W22710 Prairie View Lane in Jackson (right off Hwy 45 & 60- next to Culvers).
- Stereopsis (depth perception)/Color Vision Testing: These two entrance tests give the doctor baseline information regarding the status of the ocular system. Stereopsis testing can help detect lazy eye or amblyopia that may have previously been undiagnosed.
- Autorefraction: This is a machine that objectively gives an estimate of your prescription as well as the curvature of your cornea with no input of your own. The result is typically compared to your current prescription to give a good idea of what sort of changes are happening within your eyes. This can be very useful in assisting children, patients with large prescription changes, or patients that have a language barrier.
- Tonometry (Eye Pressure Testing): This test allows us to evaluate your risk for glaucoma by measuring the fluid pressure inside the eye. With our device called the ICare Tonometer, we are able to accurately measure the pressure WITHOUT THE AIR PUFF OR DROPS. Because the procedure only lasts a second and is non-invasive, it is a great way to get measurements on children as well as adults who may not enjoy the air puff method.
- Visual Field Test: This test measures your peripheral vision using advanced instrumentation called an auto perimeter. Throughout the test, you are asked to respond to a series of lights in your peripheral vision. The results of this baseline testing are very meaningful for the doctor. In some cases, abnormal results on this testing could potentially indicate changes from glaucoma, history of a stroke, or even a tumor in the brain or eye.
- Binocular Vision Testing: We test how your eyes work together as a team and their overall coordination to be sure your vision is comfortable throughout the day.
- Refraction: This procedure determines your eyeglass or contact lens prescription. Using our Apple Visual Acuity System, we are able to show letters, numbers, shapes, or even cartoons to get a child's attention throughout the exam. Because the system allows the doctor with the press of a button to show an infinite number of letter pairings, he is able to make sure your results are as perfect as possible. The results won't be biased because you had previously memorized the line. We then make sure to take the time to explain any changes, any adaptation you might expect due to that change, as well as lens recommendations based on your prescription/hobbies/occupation.
- Eye Health Exam: The external and internal parts of the eyes are examined using instruments like a slit lamp bio microscope, binocular indirect ophthalmoscope and focusing lenses. We make sure that the results of your eye health exam are discussed in detail regardless if things look normal or abnormal. We want to empower our patients to make healthy lifestyle decisions by educating them about the health of their eyes. Those decisions can make a difference not only in their eyes but also their overall systemic health.
- Retinal photography: This testing gives the doctor a baseline image of the back of the eyes and is saved permanently to your health record. Many individuals don't know that changes in the back of the eyes are often not felt or noticed by the patient until they are in advanced stages. Sadly, once vision is lost, rarely does it return to normal. By practicing preventive eye health care and performing these tests on an annual basis, you are ensuring that any retinal conditions are diagnosed and managed/treated properly before things progress.